Building my Online Presence – Part 4
Now what about advertising, how could you make your first campaign? In order to launch your first campaign you have to think strategically in the following aspects:
- Who is your target audience? How do they look like: male, female, age groups, interests and likes, ….
- Are you selling to business or consumer?
- What is it you are providing the market with? What business are you in?
- What is your competitive advantage? How do you stand out from competition? What makes you unique?
- Which geographic location you would like to advertise to, or start with?
- What kind of budget figures are you willing to spend?
- What are your goals out of this campaign? (try to be specific as a goal is a measurable Target, time and money)
- What is your campaign duration?
After being able to write down the answers of the previous questions, you will have to write the following:
– The most important media through which you will advertise:
- Google Search Ads
- Google Display Network Ads (GDN)
- Facebook Ads
- LinkedIn ADs
- Portal Ads (if you have a large buget starting from $5000 and depending on the country you will advertise from)
– – A creative brief for both visuals and text of Ads
You will then have to know which analytic tools you by which you will be measuring your traffic performance:
– For your website and blog: Google Analytics
– For your Facebook Fan Page: Facebook Insights
– For your LinkedIn account: LinkedIn insights
– For Google Adwords and GDN you will use Google Adwords analytics.
A good digital advertising agency can make all the above easily, but it pays off to understand what you are up to before contracting with them.